I had left over sweet-brown bread Hawaiian type rolls. The kind you find all ready baked and just have to warm up and serve. We had these for Thanksgiving and then I froze the left-overs. Last night on some food show Danny and I were watching they did a segment on "Chef Point Cafe" in Watauga. He serves bread pudding. So after watching that I got the idea to make up my own recipe. It was yummy, and I sent some over to Deborah and the boys for their Saturday morning breakfast. She and I agreed that next time, we'd put the chopped pecans into a brown sugar/pecan topping and bake the pecans on the top and not put them into the actual dish. I haven't come up with a name yet................suggestions?
UnNamed Sweet Breakfast Casserole
12 brown bread Hawaiian rolls- cut into bite size pieces
1, 10oz. jar salad cherries - drained and chopped
2 baking type apples- peeled and chopped
1 small can crushed pineapple
8 eggs, lightly beaten
2 C.'s 1/2 and 1/2
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
Place bread pieces in greased 9 X 13" pan.
Layer chopped fruit over bread and slightly mix in.
Beat, eggs, 1/2 and 1/2, cinnamon and vanilla and pour over bread/fruit mixture.
Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in refrigerator over night.
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and let casserole sit on counter for 15 min. before baking.
Bake approximately 45 min. or until center is set.
Casserole will be fluffy and light almost like a souffle'.
If desired, sprinkle a topping over the casserole before baking of 1/2 C. chopped pecans and 1/2 C. brown sugar and 3 T. butter which has been combined with a fork and is very crumbly.
If the casserole becomes to dry on the top, cover with foil until done.
Can be served with warmed syrup/butter, if desired.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave me your thoughts...